Participants A' Group > 1700 B' Group < 1700 C' Group < 1100
9th TRIANDRIAS INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT
IN PHILIPPION THESSALONIKI GREECE
3 – 8 MAY 2016
The tournament will be held from 3 to 8 MAY 2016 in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- ORGANIZERS: Triandria Chess Club (O.S.TRIA.)
- CO – ORGANIZER: HOTEL PHILIPPION (Tournament Supporter)
- TOURNAMENT VENUE: Playing Hall at HOTEL PHILIPPION
- MODE: 7 rounds, Swiss System, in three Groups FIDE-evaluated.
Α΄ Group: ELO > 1700
B΄ Group: ELO > 1100 (and all adult players < 1700)
C΄ Group: ELO < 1100
- TIMETABLE: Registration confirmations until Friday 29 April 2016
Round 1 Tuesday, May 3, 17.00
Round 2 Wednesday, May 4, 10.30
Round 3 Wednesday, May 4, 17.30
Round 4 Thursday, May 5, 17.00
Round 5 Friday, May 6, 17.00
Round 6 Saturday, May 7,11.00
Round 7 Sunday, May 8, 11.00
Attention! Players that do not show up for their game after half an hour (30’) from the official start of a round forfeit the right to participate.
Closing Ceremony: Sunday, May 8, 2016, starting at 15:00
- TIME CONTROL: 90 min for 40 moves + 15min + 30sec per move from the first move.
- TIE BREAKS:
1) The result between players in the same point-group
2) Buchholz -1 (worst opponent)
3) Rating Performance
- EXCEPTIONS: Each player will have the right to take two exceptions. If he takes an exception in 2nd round, he wins ½ point. The decision to take an exception should be announced to the chief arbiter before the end of the previous round.
- TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Vasileios Betsakos on the Board of Triandria Chess Club.
- CHIEF ARBITER: Gerontopoulos Prodromos
- ENTRY FEE (payed before the 1st Round): Free – titled players (GM, WGM, IM, WIM) and players with ELO up 2300, 2100 (women)
A΄ Group: 30 € B΄ Group: 20 € C΄ Group: 20 €
If two members of the same family take part, there is a discount of 10€. The third and more members of the same family are entry free.
- CONFIRM ENTRIES: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 16:00
Group A΄ PRIZES: Total Prize Fund 2.600 Euro
|1st Woman: 150 € and cup|
|1st Winner : 900 € and cup||1st U16: 100 €|
|2nd Winner: 600 €||Best ELO Winner: 100 €|
|3rd Winner: 300 €||1st ELO < 2000: 100 €|
|4th–6th: 3Χ100 €||1st Veteran > 60 years old: 50 €|
* Τhe GENERAL prizes will be shared by the Hort system (till 8th place).
* SPECIAL prizes will not be shared.
* If a player wins two prizes, he takes the bigger one
Group Β΄ PRIZES: 1st: Special Gift and cup, 2nd, 3rd: special gifts and medals
Group C΄ PRIZES: 1st -3rd: cups and chess books
Special Categories: U12, U10, U08, U06: Medals for the three first players.
- POSTPONING MATCHES: Postponing matches is not allowed.
- OBJECTIONS: Submit at least up to half (1/2) hour after the end of the round, simultaneously depositing an amount 80€. The objections committee will consist of the tournament director, the chief arbiter and three players of the initial list (except some who engage in the objection). If the objection is accepted, the deposit is returned, otherwise it is banked for the event.
- ANTI CHEATING: The anti-cheating new regulations will be implemented according to the Anti-Cheating Committee directives.
Prices per person per night (HALF BOARD):
single room: 42 €, 2ble room: 27€, 3ple room: 24€
Accomodation information and room reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOSPITALITY CONDITIONS (2ble room, half board):
6 GM (if less, then IM)
2 Greek youngsters U16 >2000
Official site: www.pat.gr
For any subject which is not mentioned in this announcement responsible is the Board of Triandria Chess Club (O.S.TRIA.)
The Board of Triandria Chess Club