10th OPEN INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT
TRIANDRIA CHESS CLUBS, THESSALONIKI, GREECE
From 17th APRIL 2017 to 23th APRIL 2017
THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL FAIR (HELEXPO)
- ORGANIZERS: Triandria Chess Clubs (O.S.TRIA.&PAT), with the support of the Municipality of Thessaloniki and in cooperation with the Union of Chess Clubs of Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki.
- TOURNAMENT VENUE: Playing Hall at HELEXPO grounds, Pavilion 6.
- MODE: Swiss System, in two Groups national and FIDE-evaluated.
Α΄ Group: ELO > 1600 9 rounds
B΄ Group: ELO < 1600 7 rounds
If anyone with ELO < 1600 wishes to participate in Group A, he/she must pay the entry fees for both groups: 20+30=50 €.
|Group A||Group B|
|Round 1 Monday, April 17, 17.30|
|Round 2 Tuesday, April 18, 17.30||Round 1 Tuesday, April 18, 17.30|
|Round 3 Wednesday, April 19, 10.30|
|Round 4 Wednesday , April 19, 17.30||Round 2 Wednesday , April 19, 17.30|
|Round 5 Thursday, April 20, 17.30||Round 3 Thursday, April 20, 17.30|
|Round 6 Friday, April 21, 17.30||Round 4 Friday, April 21, 17.30|
|Round 7 Saturday, April 22, 10.30||Round 5 Saturday, April 22, 10.30|
|Round 8 Saturday, April 22, 17.30||Round 6 Saturday, April 22, 17.30|
|Round 9 Sunday, April 23, 10.30||Round 7 Sunday, April 23, 10.30|
|Closing Ceremony Sunday, April 23, 2017, starting at 14:30|
Attention! Players who do not show up for their game up to half an hour (30’) after the official start of a round forfeit the right to participate.
- TIME CONTROL: 90 min for 40 moves + 15min + 30sec per move from the first move. It is obligatory to write down the moves during the entire game.
- TIE BREAKS:
1) The result between players in the same point-group
2) Buchholz -1 (worst opponent)
3) Rating Performance
- EXCEPTIONS: Each player will have the right to take two exceptions. If one takes an exception until the 4th round, he/she wins ½ point. The decision to take an exception should be announced to the chief arbiter before the end of the previous round.
- TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Vasileios Betsakos on the Boards of Triandria Chess Clubs.
- REGISTRATION: Registration confirmations until Friday 14 April 2017. Please Use the Registration Form page to register for our Tournament. You can also register by sending an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information: Name and Surname, FIDE ID, Title, FIDE rating, Federation.
- CHIEF ARBITER: Gerontopoulos Prodromos
- ENTRY FEE (paid prior to the 1st Round): Free – titled players (GM, WGM, IM, WIM) and players with ELO above 2300 (men), 2100 (women)
A΄ Group: 30 € B΄ Group: 20 €
If two members of the same family take part, there is a discount of 10€. The third or more members of the same family are entry free.
- ENTRY CONFIRMATION: Group A prior to Monday April 17 16:00
Group B prior to Tuesday April 18 16:00
Total Prize Fund 2.500 €
|Group A΄ PRIZES:|
|GENERAL PRIZES||SPECIAL PRIZES|
|1st Winner: 1000 € and cup||1st ELO < 2000: 100 €|
|2nd Winner: 500 €||1st ELO < 1800: 100 €|
|3rd Winner: 250 €||1st Veteran > 60 years old: 50 €|
|4th–6th 3Χ100 €|
|1st Woman: 100 € and cup|
* Τhe GENERAL prizes will be shared by the Hort system (up to 8th place).
* SPECIAL prizes will not be shared.
* If a player wins two prizes, he/she receives the highest prize.
Group Β΄ PRIZES: 1st: cup plus 100 euro, 2nd and 3rd: special gifts and medals
Group A΄: U16, U14, U12, U10.
Group B΄: U14, U12, U10, U08, U06.
The first three male players and the first three female ones receive medals only if there are at least 6 players in the special category.
- POSTPONING MATCHES: Postponing matches is not allowed.
- APPEALS: Protests should be submitted at least up to half (1/2) an hour after the end of the round, simultaneously depositing an amount of 50€. The appeals committee will consist of the tournament director, the chief arbiter and three players of the initial list (except those who engage in the protest). If the appeal is successful, the deposit will be refunded, otherwise it is banked for the event.
- ANTI CHEATING: The anti-cheating regulations will be implemented according to the Anti-Cheating Committee directives.
- ACCOMODATION: The organizing committee has secured favorable prices for the players and escorts in the VERGINA HOTEL.
Prices per room per night (American buffet breakfast):
Single room: ΒΒ 45,00 €, 2ble room: ΒΒ 50,00 €, 3ple room: ΒΒ 66,00 €, 4ple room: ΒΒ 76,00 €.
There is an extra discount of 10% on the above prices for those who make a reservation and send 50% of the total charge prior to 31/12/2016.
For reservations get in touch directly with the hotel.
19 Monastiriou str, 54627 Thessaloniki, Greece tel +30 2310 516021,
fax +30 2310 529308, e-mail:email@example.com. www.vergina-hotel.gr
Accommodation information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOSPITALITY: To be announced as soon as possible.
Official site: open.pat.gr
The Boards of Triandria Chess Clubs (O.S.TRIA. & PAT) are responsible for any issue not covered in this announcement.
The Boards of Triandria Chess Clubs